Thursday, April 27, 2017 11:00am ET
|11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Windows 10: If Compatibility is not a problem, What is?
Presented by: Mike O'Connor
Microsoft Windows 10 is proving to be a more secure platform. A big reason -- many enterprises are migrating now, to bolster their security defenses. While compatibility of applications is a calculated risk for organizations, other risks including cyber security risk, requires vigilance by all, especially when releasing new applications or updates into your Windows 10 environment. End user computing teams and SCCM administrators must be sure that new packages deployed don’t contain vulnerabilities or introduce other risks to the business. Join Mike O’Connor, Senior Solution Engineer, Flexera Software, as he provides guidance for some of the most common types risk to be concerned about to ensure that applications are ready and fully supportable once deployed.
Attendees will learn how to:
- Identify vulnerabilities
- Analyze open source
- Evaluate dependencies
- Detail supportability
- Review legal insights
|12:00 p.m. – 12:15 p.m.
|12:15 p.m. – 1:15 p.m.
Making the Move to Windows 10: Now, Fast, Easy, and Right
Presented by: Nick Cavalancia
The decision to upgrade your organization to Windows 10 is based on OS improvements in security and productivity, organizational resources, and pure good timing. But, like any upgrade, the path won’t be without its own challenges. The good news is plenty of organizations have gone before you and there’s much to learn from them.
In this educational webcast, join industry expert and Penton contributor Nick Cavalancia, as he discusses:
- What have we learned? Is it easier now more than ever to move to Windows 10?
- What are the pitfalls? Where should you place your focus to get a close-to “problem-free” migration?
- What’s best practice on this? Hear about (and provide your own) helpful hints to navigate a challenging migration.
|1:15 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.
|1:30 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.
Protecting your data with Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows
Presented by: Clint Wyckoff
If you are looking to find out more about avoiding downtime and data loss quickly and easily for Windows-based physical or public cloud-based workloads, this is a session for you!
Join this webinar to learn how to:
- Protect your physical and cloud-based servers and workstations
- Instantly recover your Veeam® Agent for Windows backups to Microsoft Hyper-V
- Directly restore your Veeam Agent for Windows backups to Microsoft Azure
- And much, much more!
|1:30 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.
Technical Tips for Achieving Stress-free Windows 10 OSD
Presented by: Ami Casto
Join us as we take a deep dive into how to fully achieve stress-free OSD. We will discuss ways to overcome common technical scenarios that could hinder your Windows 10 deployments including task sequence issues, whether or not to create reference images, and the biggest obstacle of all - the network impact of Windows 10.
In this session, you will learn practical tips and strategies to achieve:
Stress-free task sequence operations
Stress-free in-place upgrades
- Using the right Windows Assessment and Deployment Kit (ADK)
- Understanding driver management
- Improving troubleshooting by enabling server-side logging
Stress-free reference image management (bare-metal/refresh scenario)
- Mastering third party encryption scenarios
- Automating BIOS to UEFI conversions and simplifying MBR to GPT
Stress-free network delivery
- Adding application support through commonly used runtimes
- Adding quality updates to the reference image
- Protecting the network with peer-to-peer technology
- Speeding deployment timelines
|1:30 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.
Modernizing Windows 10 Management and Security for the Mobile-Cloud Era
Presented by: Jason Roszak
Take a look at VMware's cloud-first, modern Windows management and security solution that fundamentally changes how IT approaches PC lifecycle management. Join us to learn how unified endpoint management helps organizations lower the cost of managing Windows deployments; streamlines securing endpoints, apps and data on any network; and delivers peak user experience across any Windows device.
- Consolidate your Windows management across devices on or off the domain
- Deliver and install Win32 software more reliably and quickly
- Deploy security patches instantly and remediate vulnerabilities faster
|2:30 p.m. – 2:45 p.m.
|2:45 p.m. – 3:45 p.m.
20 Things You Don’t Know About Running and Managing Windows 10
Presented by: Orin Thomas
Windows 10 has been out for 18 months. Not only have we learned more about the operating system by running it in production environments, Microsoft has provided several important updates post release that have increased the product’s functionality. Attend this web seminar to learn 20 different things that you might not know about running and managing Windows 10, including:
- How to manage security rollups and cumulative updates
- How to configure Credential Guard
- Managing Device Guard policies
- Managing data security
- Little-known features
- Working with Containers and VMs on Windows 10
|3:45 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
|4:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Windows 10 and VMs: The What, the Why and How to Get it Right
Presented by: Kerry Doyle
In this session, we will do a deep dive on VMs with Windows 10.
Here, we will share sources for ready-to run Windows 10 VMs. These include the Windows Dev Center and MS Developer Technologies sites along with the Microsoft Connect Proof-of-Concept (PoC) Jumpstart pages, a unique virtualized Windows 10 deployment lab.
We’ll also consider a range of key deployment tips. These include:
- Double-checking driver compatibility
- Assessing system requirements
- Awareness of Microsoft-enforced bundling
- Avoiding default WiFi credentials-sharing that poses risks